Laminate Flooring (LVT) If you have been searching for laminate flooring suppliers near me and arrived here at the Principality Plastics Warehouse website, you have come to the right place. Our extensive range of vinyl laminate flooring and luxury vinyl tile (LVT) flooring here in the UK, is an ever-popular way of introducing a hard-wearing, decorative and low-maintenance floor covering into the home.
Still relatively inexpensive compared to natural wood or carpeting, plastic laminate flooring has come a long way in recent years with the development of LVT. It is now possible to get the natural look of wood and stone flooring at far less cost. These authentic wood and stone effects have been painstakingly recreated to give you vinyl laminate flooring options that were previously unavailable.
Our Impress collection even includes an authentic embossed texture that allows you to see and feel grains, grooves and knots just like real wood.
Why use vinyl laminate flooring? Vinyl floorboards are often used to protect the existing timber floorboards or provide a softening and insulating layer to overlay on concrete flooring. Laminate flooring works well with underfloor heating too because it easily conducts the heat from your system out into the room.
Practical as well as decorative, vinyl is a low maintenance option. A regular brush over and an occasional mop is all it takes to keep these floors looking as good as new for years to come.
Easy cutting, shaping and joining puts installation into the realms of the DIY enthusiast; meaning that it is possible to avoid the added expense of paying installers. This is truly one of the most cost-effective ways to add a touch of luxury to the floor which is of course, is in terms of square meterage, a substantial part of the home.
The main types of vinyl laminate flooring
1. Laminate flooring planks Laminate flooring planks are easily recognisable because they are replicating the style of floorboards. They are considerably longer than they are wide. Although sizes do vary, one of the standard sizes for these vinyl planks and one that is found across our range is 1220mm long x 180mm wide meaning that a full pack of 8 covers an area of 1.76sqm.
2. LVT flooring – tile effect Laminate floor tiles often abbreviated to LVT (Luxury Vinyl Tile) are shorter and in many cases wider than the planks. The tile shape is used mainly for reproducing the tile or stone floor effect. Some of our systems like the Natural range are designed to incorporate both plank and tile shaped vinyl flooring to give you some exciting additional design choices that replicate wood flooring inset into a stone surround.
Is LVT flooring plastic laminate flooring? Fortunately, LVT flooring has shaken off the old reputation of looking too much like plastic. It is actually made from layers of PVC vinyl that has been mixed with a variety of compounds and compressed to form the hard-wearing product we see today. Due to new and innovative manufacturing and finishing techniques like embossing, LVT flooring is able to replicate the look of the wood or stone floor much more closely than in days gone by.
So how is laminate flooring constructed? Laminate flooring is constructed from compressed layers each serving a different purpose
- The bottom or back layer: protects from moisture and damage that might otherwise be a problem as a result of direct contact with the sub-floor
-The core layer: that provides the strength and structure normally consisting of a dense board.
-The design layer: that replicates the type of flooring it is designed to replace
-The protective layer: consisting of a clear coating that protects against fading, staining, burning and normal wear and tear.
Advantages of Laminate and LVT Flooring
1. Durability Laminate flooring is extremely durable making it ideal for high traffic areas. Choosing your options carefully means that once installed, your flooring is going to stand the test of time. Using an appropriate moisture barrier it can even perform well in rooms like kitchens and bathrooms where the demands placed on it include limited exposure to moisture. LVT is much more able to deal with moisture than laminate is.
2. Ease of Installation LVT flooring can be cut and shaped using a utility knife. Most products feature a locking mechanism that provides an easy way of joining individual planks or tiles tightly together. With a level floor and the right underlay in place, a vinyl floor will go down in no time at all.
3. Low Maintenance As previously mentioned, vinyl floorboards and tiles require very little in the way of maintenance. By cleaning up spills quickly and using regular sweeping and mopping, a vinyl floor will not age, warp, shrink or stain. Your floor will look freshly installed for years to come.
LVT Flooring Related Products XTRAFLOOR BASE Standard Underlay
The use of an underlay will make the installation of vinyl flooring easier and provide additional comfort and sound insulation. Made of up to 90% natural raw materials, our Base standard underlay is 100% recyclable. Base boasts excellent thermal conductivity, making it the perfect choice for rooms with underfloor heating or cooling.
PVC Skirting and Architraves
Making an ideal, hard-wearing addition to your LVT floor, we stock an exciting range of top-quality skirting and architraves in styles that are sure to complement your flooring. Set and forget with no more painting or repairing for years to come.
Why Choose Principality Plastics for LVT Vinyl Flooring?
Standing out from the crowd of laminate floor suppliers and with an excellent reputation based on over 30 years of trading, we are one of the leading suppliers of plastic building, construction and home decoration products in the UK.
Whether you need internal LVT flooring, external fascia boards or anything in between, the products featured in our catalogue have undergone careful quality assurance checking by our expert buyers.
Ordering is available to trade and retail buyers and because products are kept in stock in our warehouse here in Wales, you benefit from our commitment to rapid and in most cases same-day dispatch. For orders more than £180, our rapid delivery service is free of charge.
We welcome requests for advice as well as comments and feedback. To talk with one of our friendly team give us a call or to request a quote we invite you to send us the details using our Online Quote Request Form.